Thursday, February 28, 2008

From Johanna Korby in New York

I read with interest all of Lisa's posts and exchanges about the unschooling way of life, and then with dismay the progress reports on her illness.

Having met her only a handful of times, I knew her to be attentive, energetic, and devoted to this community. These few times we met in person, she encouraged me to participate and share my experience with other unschoolers. On one particularly memorable day she invited all of us to swim and play at the lake by her house and took the time to teach and play a card game with my son Simon (then 6). All that day she spoke freely and passionately about unschooling with her family.

She was an advocate and an inspiration for this way of life and for that, being committed yet new to and therefore continuously challenged by this way of life, I am grateful and will remember her as the years go by and my children thrive.

Sincerely,
Johanna Korby with Simon (8) & Benjamin (6).

No comments: