Thursday, February 28, 2008

From Gina Riley-Daley in the New York Area

I am so, so, sad now...
I have most of Lisa's writings saved in my homeschooling file. Whatever the problem, what ever the question, she always was there with this amazingly beautiful, down to earth reponse. She was so comfortable in who she was and what she was doing. She made things amazingly easy, wonderfully simple.

For all of us.

The last time I saw Lisa was at the Closter Nature Center. I emailed her afterward to tell her how beautiful her family was, how impressed I was with her children. She didn't need to be told. She knew it deep in her heart. But she wrote me a heartfelt response anyway.

I cannot believe she is gone.
I walk around hoping I am doing the right thing. Lisa knew. She always knew. She always followed her heart.

She would know what to say here. I am at a loss for words.

I will miss you Lisa. I will miss your love of life, your fierce love for your husband and children, and your deep inner sense. I will miss your writing, I will miss your presence.

May I grow to be more like you everyday...you are, and will always be, a true inspiration to me.

The world will never be the same without you.
Gina Riley-Daly

No comments: