Tuesday, February 26, 2008

From Schuyler Waynforth in England

I met Lisa at the 2007 Live and Learn conference. She was hard to miss. So lovely and smiling and chatting and laughing. I'd read her words before on-line and we were introduced at some point during the conference.

One morning she joined me for breakfast in the cafeteria. We talked and others joined the conversation, seeking Lisa out, I imagine as many do, for her warmth and her joy and her wonderful conversation. The conversation turned to New York homeschooling circles and how more and more activities are about dropping a child off instead of participating with your child. Lisa talked about going to things where she was not allowed to stay by Roxy's or by Fire's side and turning round and finding something else to do that day because her daughters wanted her by their side.

I thought of that this morning as I read of Lisa. I thought about how much she must still be at their sides.

1 comment:

Sandra Dodd said...

Schuyler, I love the idea that she is still at their sides.