Thursday, February 28, 2008

From Kendrah Nilsestuen

Dear Larry, Roxy & Ruby (and anyone else who is reading this and loved Lisa),

My name is Kendrah. I never had the delight of meeting Lisa in person. I know her through her wonderful responses to many unschoolers at the Unschooling Basics Yahoo group. I was lucky enough to get a response from her on a question I had posted.

We had just gotten a TV in our home, after being TV free for over a year. Needless to say that was a big decision for our family, and I was slightly uptight about it (seems so silly now). Lisa responded to me on Aug 24th, 2007. The whole email was extremely helpful, the last sentence in particular has always stood out to me, and I wanted to share it.

Being uptight is a lot less fun than enjoying the process.

Great quote, isn't it? She was so right. Life should be about fun! I'm sure she lived with that attitude, and I plan to do the same in her memory. Anytime life seems overwhelming, I'll think of this quote (I have already actually). I can be uptight about a situation, or I can appreciate the here and now, have fun with it, and simply enjoy the process, however it unfolds.


Lots of Love from our family to yours,

Kendrah, Justin, Payge & Damien Nilsestuen

No comments: