Thursday, February 28, 2008

From Lenora DeSanctis in New York

To Larry, Roxanne, Ruby and all friends and family of Lisa,

Though I have only had the pleasure of meeting and talking with Lisa on a few occasions, her beautiful personality left such a lasting impression on me that I felt compelled to write this letter.

My first impression of Lisa was actually made by Roxanne. I will never forget my first visit to Garrison Art Center almost 3 years ago. I was brand new into homeschooling my boys Joey, Marco and Nicholas. Roxanne, in her most enthusiastic authentic self, came right up to us and gave us THE MOST warm welcome. I had been a classroom teacher for over 10 years and had never seen such confidence and self-worth come from a 12- or 13-year-old. A few moments later, Ruby came up and introduced herself to us. Again, I was just so enamored with what I was witnessing: confidence, maturity, enthusiasm, love.

As soon as I met Lisa, I knew immediately where these beautiful girls got these wonderful gifts.

How lucky we all are to have them share that with us. Lisa sat and talked to me, as I know she has done with so many others, and just reassured me regarding my decision to homeschool. We had a few phone conversations here and there, and I always hung up feeling so happy, inspired and again, reassured.

My heart goes out to all of you that have had the unique experience of having known Lisa for so long. I can only take all the beauty, life, light and love that she passed my way and pass it on to others. That will be the gift that I can give back to honor her life.

Lenora DeSanctis
Ossining, NY

No comments: