Thursday, February 28, 2008

From Teresa Caoili in New York

I knew Lisa from several years ago when I homeschooled my son and my daughter was a toddler. My son Brendan is 13 now and my daughter Jenny 10.There were always outings that we were involved in as a group. Many were organized by Lisa. We also attended group classes were we met at St Basils Home on Rt 9D. I remember those days fondly. Our kids used to go swimming in the pool also, and they loved it.

Since I wasn't able to continue homeschooling, I lost touch with many people including Lisa. I still received emails from OCHS group just to feel connected in some way. When I saw an email from Lisa, it was like a warm feeling that is difficult to explain. She was someone I only knew for a short time but I also knew that if I ever called her or saw her she would be just as warm and friendly as the last time I had seen her. She was an amazing person who I admired and respected.

I remember Lisa was so devoted to her family and also so giving to her friends and community. She will be dearly missed by so many people. I cannot imagine the pain her family is feeling now. I hadn't seen her in so long and I have such a feeling of sadness.

Please convey my sincere condolences to her family in this very sad time.

Sincerely,
Teresa Caoili

No comments: