Wednesday, February 27, 2008

From Marji Zintz in New York

One could not exaggerate about Lisa's light. She was all that is good about humanity: inspiring, encouraging, creative, loving, generous, beautiful, ethical, kind, courageous, intelligent, spiritual, open-minded, humorous, honest, honorable. I'm sure I'm missing some things, and I'm sure there is no one who knew her who could successfully challenge me about this assessment. Or who would want to!

What will we do without her? My husband said today that part of Lisa's legacy was to show us how it's done. She left a trail for other folks to follow. When I hear myself say these things, I feel a little silly, as though I've got to be overstating things a little. Surely there couldn't have been someone who was that great. Surely I must be mistaken. But, there are other eyewitnesses, aren't there? Lisa simply was as good as they come. Yet, there is an email from her that she signed this way:

Ever evolving,
Lisa

What will we do without Lisa? We will go on. We will remember Lisa and in her honor celebrate our families, celebrate living and learning, celebrate our Lisa-like strengths, celebrate Joy.

But, we will, of course, miss her terribly. I know I do.

No comments: