Wednesday, February 27, 2008

From Heather McCarty in New York

Lisa was an inspiration to me in her service to her family. I was in awe of her inclusive nature and high level of energy. I feel so lucky to have known her and spent time with her and can hardly believe that it is possible that she is gone.

The last time we saw her and the girls we had such a wonderful time- talking for hours, playing new games, going to a small unschooler's gathering together. Lisa's family was like a light in our lives that week as it was on other occasions- we have so many wonderful pictures from that time that Roxanne took with their new camera.

I was so impressed with how Lisa took every need that her girls expressed seriously and with her dedication to helping them feel comfortable and beyond comfortable to being a delight wherever they went. Her family's shine was contagious and I trust that it will carry them through difficult times. I will miss her so much.

No comments: